We collect information as part of our business operations, to provide services, to respond to requests and offer customer support, to fulfill legal and contractual obligations and to build our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you complete a form on our website, sign-up to receive emails and other communications from us, order our products and services or contact customer support. We also collect information through your interaction our website, for example, using embedded product technologies and cookies. We also obtain data from third parties.
Information you provide to us
When you subscribe to a newsletter, create an account, make a purchase or request information from us, we will ask for things like:
- Contact Data and Business Contact Information – Name, company details, postal address, email address, business bank account and any data that would enable us to maintain our business relationship with you.
- Comments and other Feedback – Interactive features, such as forums on our website may allow you to share posts.
Information we collect automatically
Our website and VMS® collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a consumer or device (“personal Information”). We collect the following information when you visited our website or our facilities:
- Targeted Data: Any movements and behavior on our webpages, websites and online systems.
- Automatically Collected Data: IP addresses, information about your browser, operating system; IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer); date and time of your visit; and content you visited or downloaded.
- Biometric Data: CCTV or video when you visit our locations and/or foreign offices/warehouses, some entities may use faceprint recognition technology, and voice print recordings when you register for a conference.
- Usage Data: Our websites and webpages may collect certain information automatically such as the type of device or operating system you use, the amount of time you spend on our websites or webpages, and the content that you review or download.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: Please refer to cookies information located below.
Information Collected from our VMS (Visibility Management System)®
When you conduct business on VMS® as a registered user, we collect and store your User Personal Information to insure we can interact with you and monitor your use of the VMS® system. User Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual, including:
- Information about your computer or other devices (i.e. phone, tablet) that are used to access our system.
- Browser type.
- IP address and/or country is used to provide better service.
- User ID.
- Company email address.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Century issued User ID including passwords which are assigned to you for accessing the VMS® system.
Your company email address is collected for:
- your registration of your new User ID;
- additional services or updates to system development or model changes; and
- add you to our Newsletter which you may opt out at any point or time.
Depending on the form or request being presented, the amount of information we need to obtain may vary.
We will deactivate users that have been inactivate for an extended period. Registered VMS® users may access and change their information or request their local Century Representative to update as needed.
We use information that we collect for lawful purposes associated with the growth, maintenance and management of our business while also respecting your privacy. These uses include our internal operations and administration, communicating with you and fulfilling your requests for our services, for advertising and marketing, to monitor and maintain functionality and security of our services and to improve, develop, enhance and otherwise provide the our services.
We may use your personal information:
- To communicate with you: Our websites may allow you to communicate with us via email (e.g. when you forget your User ID). We use this information to respond to your inquiry. Our response may require additional information to complete your request. The information that we provide may be limited depending on the nature of the inquiry. Email inquiries cannot be guaranteed against interception and Century will never ask for any sensitive information, including but not limited to social security numbers, personal bank account information, credit card information, passwords, etc. Therefore, we do not include sensitive information in any email form. sending you general (non-marketing) commercial communications. We may also send you our newsletter or other relative communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. Your contact data may be used to handle inquiries and complaints made by you relating to the application. You can opt out of receiving marketing communication from us at any time.
- To recruit you: We use the information we collect to ensure that we recruit the appropriate candidates.
- To manages access to our locations, sites, offices and/or premises.
- To operate our business: We use your information to provide our services and to engage in transactions required to maintain our contractual and business relationships.
- To provide the security and functionality of our website: We use the information we collect to improve the security and functionality of our websites, webpages, and networks, to provide the website, including authenticating you when you log-in and enabling your use of the services available on the website. We also use your information to keep VMS® secure and prevent fraud, to conduct and manage anti-corruption, anti-fraud, anti-bribery checks, to assess and address risk management to avoid non-compliance, setbacks of our business and protecting of our reputation.
- To personalize your experience: We use your information to personalize your experience when on our website.
- To verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website, including monitoring private messages sent through our website’s private messaging service.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, where we have a legal obligation to do so or where the processing is in our legitimate interests (such as processing for administrative purposes, direct marketing, product development or improvement, preventing fraud or criminal acts and in support of information security) and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the time of collection. We will also tell you whether the requirement for that information is mandatory and explain any consequences to you if you do not provide the information. We are the controller for all personal information we collect in the EEA.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
There are two types of cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We may use session cookies to keep track of you while you navigate through the website to prevent fraud and increase website security and for technical purposes to enable us to better navigate you through our site.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the security prevention); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any of Century’s businesses or assets that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
We may also use your information with companies engaged to help us prepare and deliver advertising and marketing content. We do not provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing purposes.
You may request access or corrections to your personal data and make choices about the kinds of communications you receive. If you are in Europe, you may have additional rights under the GDPR.
You have the right to:
- Access, correct or delete your information: If you would like to correct or update your personal information, or to request access to or deletion of your personal information, you may contact us with the contact details provided at the end of this policy. If you request a change to or deletion of your personal information, please note that we may still need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. Some of your information may also remain within our systems and other records where necessary for compliance with applicable law. At your request and where the law requires us to do so, we will confirm what personal information we hold about you. We will require evidence of your identity before fulfilling your request.
- Objection to Processing or Withdrawing Consent. If you are in the EEA, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or withdraw your consent to processing. Withdrawing your consent will not affect (1) the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, or (2) processing your personal information under other legal bases.
We may not be able to give you access to our systems if you withdraw consent or restrict our ability to process your information for the purpose of authenticating you , providing VMS system to you, or securing VMS.
- You can stop the collection of cookie information on our websites easily by selecting the opt-out “Reject” button.
- You can opt-out of any of our newsletters and other marketing email communication by clicking on the Unsubscribe button on the page.
- Clients may opt out by contacting their local support representative.
- You may send your request for opt out to the PII data manager located under the Privacy Contact Information below.
In most cases, Century will verify identity through our existing authentication practices for password-protected accounts. We do not sell your personal information.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on the websites. You can adjust your privacy settings under your Internet browser “Privacy Setting” tools.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our servers, which are protected by passwords and firewalls. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. Users are responsible for keeping their password and other login details confidential. We will not ask for your password except when you log into the VMS® application.
We will retain your information for as long as you use the websites and for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you and for a reasonable time thereafter. Some or all data may be required for the website to function properly and we may be required to retain certain information by law. We will retain your information for as long as needed to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
Century is committed to the protection of children’s online privacy. Century does not collect information from a child under the age of 13.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect, you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deactivated by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request.
Century Distribution Systems, Inc.
4860 Cox Road, Suite 210
Glen Allen, VA 23060
© 2022 Century Distribution Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. | This policy was last modified on 02/16/2022.