The Product Manager position is expected to bring value at the technical level to both Century and our customers. The Product Manager is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product.
Century’s VMS Platform is an award-winning global supply chain management application that delivers a digital supply chain experience to our customers, their suppliers, and our teams around the world. This position will help shape the future of our technology and services with a focus on building the next generation of the platform. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual that has experience in the logistics space and in building software products with a global reach. VMS is in use in 70 countries by more than 25,0000 users and is projected to grow rapidly. Collaborate with users (customers, shippers, sales, and operations) in order to define the roadmap and experience that will drive growth Help define and deliver the product vision and strategy Be involved in all aspects of the Agile SDLC to deliver user focused, world-class process and systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. PRODUCT ENHANCEMENTS
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, and complete trade-off analysis to stay on track toward business deliverable commitments.
- Draft key objectives and results, and strategies and apply the data for the product to make business decisions.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for the created product(s) and communicating the product needs with business partners.
- Identify value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that is aligned with product strategy.
- Identifies and helps the teams understand the business model, value, and value proposition.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Centralized Operations and Support Centre
- Migration Services with set up, smart process and technology-driven
- Strong performance evaluation and analytics
2. IT SYSTEM ENHANCEMENTS
- Provide training to internal users on new functionality.
- Evaluate each issue and take the steps necessary to resolve the problem quickly and then implement a solution to avoid the same situation in the future.
- Identify and resolve complex technical problems without supervision, which will require the use of SQL to understand the issues, data, and opportunities for improvement.
- Engage with technical teams to help evaluate the merit from a technical standpoint of various approaches to delivering product capabilities, balancing user experience expectations, and platform performance.
3. SALES/QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Assist Century in meeting the company’s mission to create the most responsive and customized logistics services available in the market. Respond to all inquiries in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner.
- Be a Century advocate, both internally and externally; projects a professional image of self and the Company.
- Recognize the importance of each customer interaction and take the opportunity to find ways to improve the services offered to our customer base.
4. TEAM CONTRIBUTION
- Be a leader within the team and organization, assisting other departments on issues, tickets, and tasks to improve overall team knowledge, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Foster a positive working environment by actively demonstrating an attitude of collaboration, teamwork, and quality.
- Be the chief knowledge officer when it comes to your projects.
- Train and share knowledge and expertise with the other team members to fully understand all the features, processes, and workflows delivered through Century’s IT group.
- Establish a tone of cooperation and sharing ensuring that actions are guided first and foremost by our mission and value statements.
- Facilitate effective team interaction.
- Acknowledge and appreciate each team member’s contributions.