Sustainability at Century
Century makes every effort to be a reliable and responsible logistics service provider. Our core values and business practices are in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s principles on human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption; and we are always looking for ways to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
As a global supply chain company, we play an important role in helping to reduce carbon emissions and limit global warming. We are doing our part to achieve the goal of 1.5 degrees Celsius and net-zero emissions by 2050, by custom-designing different supply chain sustainability projects for our customers. These projects will help our customers meet specific carbon emissions goals.
Diversity is essentially linked to the core value of equality and non-discrimination. At Century we believe our multi-cultural team (over 35 countries represented) brings unique solutions and innovation opportunities to the workplace. As a global company, we understand the positive impact of women in the workplace (currently 67%) to the company’s overall success.
Our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to helping them grow, by providing different Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) campaigns, career advancement, and learning opportunities.
Despite the spread of COVID-19 and Omicron in 2020, 2021, and now 2022, we continue to develop and implement stronger global health and safety programs, such as our Work From Home policy, to protect our people.
We strive to comply with industry standards and government regulations. To guard the integrity of our organization, we constantly review and update our policies and procedures. Areas of focus include:
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption
- Code of Conduct
- Conflict of Interest
- Confidential Information and Computer Security
- Data Privacy and Protection
- Security – C-TPAT, AEO Audit SOC, and SSAE18
- Tax strategy
- Whistleblower Protections
Calculating and reporting emissions is our first step in helping our global customers achieve their net-zero goals. The two main initiatives we are focusing on right now include:
- Partnering with Smart Freight Centre and becoming a member of two of their initiatives including GLEC, and Clean Cargo to help our customers reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Partnering with BSR to meet the global expectations of our stakeholders and customers, as part of our global sustainability strategy.