Is your order lead time longer than you would like?
Do vendors routinely ask for quantity or ship date changes after a PO is cut?
Could your vendors provide better service if they have more advance information regarding your product requirements?
We have a solution for you.
VMS® Forecasting helps both the importer and vendor base improve efficiency and responsiveness to product demands and market changes. The module provides vendors with visibility to forecast information up to 26 weeks in advance of PO due date, enabling them to plan raw material requirements and production schedules to deliver product on time and on spec. An integrated messaging feature allows for direct one-on-one conversations between buyers and suppliers at a product/week# level.
- Distribute volume forecasts to vendors through one, web-based portal
- Give vendors ability to pre-plan production and raw material acquisition
- Vendors can compare week to week changes to forecast
- Export forecast data from VMS® for use in other applications
- Product level messaging facilitates communication between buying team and vendors
- Improve communication with vendor base
- Reduce lead times
- Increase on-time shipping percentages
- Increase inventory turns
- Reduce carrying costs